Los Angeles County - Prevalence of Problem Drinking
- 16.2% of adults in Los Angeles County report binge drinking (5+ drinks for men, 4+ for women; on at least one occasion in the past 30 days)
- 3.3% of adults report heavy drinking (>60 drinks for men and >30 drinks for women in the previous month)
- In 2008, there were 258 alcohol-involved fatal collisions in Los Angeles County and 4,832 alcohol-involved injury collisions.
- Excessive alcohol consumption is the 2nd leading cause of premature death and disability in Los Angeles County
- Each year about 2,500 People in Los Angeles County die from an alcohol-related cause, with a loss of an estimated 78,000 years of life.